Each Month, Chris VanCleave brings his knowledge and passion for roses, to the Herb Garden site. He is incredibly knowledgeable, and his love of roses simply shines through every article he writes. Find out more about Chris VanCleave, The Redneck Rosarian here.
Who Is Chris VanCleave?
Mr. VanCleave is a rose gardener from Alabama. He writes a blog about his gardening at his personal blog: Cultivating Life & Roses, which is where I first started reading his work.
He is the President of the Birmingham Rose Society, speaks on rose gardening, and is one of the hosts for the very popular #RoseChat, an informative and friendly Twitter chat.
Mr VanCleave is also the host of Rose Chat Radio.
With a garden of over 100 varieties of roses, there is no shortage of rose related info for him to share, and he is generous with his knowledge.
Contact and/or follow Chris VanCleave:
- The Redneck Rosarian on Twitter: @Redneckrosarian
- The Redneck Rosairan on Facebook: The Redneck Rosarian
- Contact Chris VanCleave about his Rose Chat Radio at: Grow@RoseChat.info
Some of the articles that Mr. VanCleave has written for the rose section of this site include:
- Fall Rose Care Guide
- The Allure and Historical Significance of the Rose
- Summer Rose Care
- Selecting Modern Roses For Your Garden
- 10 Rosecare Tips For Spring
Do you have any rose related questions for The Redneck Rosarian? Feel free to send them along, or post them in our forum. I will see that he sees your questions (or requests), and you just may see your question made into a new article.
There is plenty more rose care information for you to discover on the Herb Gardens site. Roses are especially dear to me, as they are the flower that my mother loved best. I remember seeing her dark red roses growing in our yard, as I tried to learn to ride my bike. I must have been about 4 or 5, and there was plenty of falling involved. I would sit and smell those lovely roses for what seemed like hours. The ruby petals were soft between my fingers, and I admit to tasting a few. That may be where my love of roses began.
Are you looking for more information about rose gardening? Check out these links:
- How To Plant Roses
- Do you love a historic touch to the rose garden? ReadAll about Old Garden Roses
- Companion Plants For Roses
Growing Climbing Roses On A Trellis
Have you grown plenty of roses and dried them? Now you need some ideas for how to use them? See:
- Light, refreshing, and truly exotic, save money and make your own: How To Make Rose Hydrosol
- If you re a more visual learner, check out thisvideo: How To Make Your Own Rose Water
- Herbs To Soothe And Refresh The Eyes
- If you need a rose that can grow virtually anywhere, you will want to read: What Are EarthKind Roses? All about this hardy rose.
- Although delicate looking, the Beach Rose is found on the list of: 5 Salt Tolerant Herbs
- Finally, how much do you love the scent of roses? Think about them as a delicate flavoring for many recipes as well, and you might enjoy: Herbs For Dessert
- Rose Water Pistachio Pound Cake Recipe
- Rice Pudding with Rosewater
- Rose Walnut Scones Recipe
- Rose Simple Syrup Recipe - How to Make Rose-flavored Sugar Syrup for Cocktails
- How To Make Turkish Delight.