Herbal finishing salt is a simple mix of salts and herbs, that is used just before serving, or on the table.
Finishing salts make the perfect gift for the holidays; cooks love them, and there are an endless variety of combinations. Start with rosemary and thyme.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (single herb or your favorite blend), packed tightly
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 cup sea salt
- Wash fresh herbs
- Dry with paper towels thouroughly
- Remove stems from any herbs that you wouldn't eat.
- Place the herbs and 1/2 cup coarse sea salt in a food processor
- Pulse until herbs are fine
- Add remaining 1 cup sea salt and pulse a few more times, until the herb/salt blend is evenly disbursed.
- Spread herb salt mixture onto a flat dish to dry completely before packing into jars or small containers.
- Label with the herbs you used