Make this homemade soda that has the natural zing of ginger and plenty of holiday flavors. Use as much or as little as you like, to flavor your soda water. We have a Soda Stream, and I make all of our own flavored beverages. This is a family favorite and I hope you love it as much as I do.
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan , and bring to a simmer. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully add the following to the hot syrup:
- 4 tea bags of Gingerbread Spice herbal tea (or your favorite seasonal flavor)
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and finely shredded.
- Steep until syrup is cool.
- Use 1/4 cup of this syrup per quart of soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a frozen cranberries.