This herbal chai recipe is flexible enough for a last minute gift, while resulting in a much appreciated winter drink.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Part Dried Raspberry Leaf
- 1 Part Dried Dandelion Root
- 1 Part Dried Dandelion Leaf
- 1/8 Part slightly crushed Cardomom
- 1/8 Part slightly crushed Cloves
- 1/8 Part slightly crushed Cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 Part Dried or crystalized Ginger
- 1/8 Part Allspice
- 1 Vanilla Bean - or less if needed
- 1/16 Part Whole Peppercorn
Combine 1 Tablespoon of Chai mixture per cup of boiling water. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 10 minutes. I reheat the resulting Chai mixture before continuing.
Strain and sweeten. Add hot milk and serve.