This is a great introduction to making infused oils from your fresh herbs. Dandelion oil smells like summertime and is great for aching muscles and joints.
Time Required: 30 minutes, then 2 weeks
- Pick one glass container full of dandelion blossoms.
- Pour olive oil over blossoms until they are fully covered.
- Using a wooden handle of a kitchen utensil, or a chopstick, carefully poke the mixture to remove air bubbles.
- Cover glass container with a breathable lid, such as a coffee filter or woven cloth, held on with a rubber band.
- Place in sun to steep for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Strain and keep in a cool, dark place.
What You Need
- Glass container
- Breathable lid, such as a coffee filter or woven cloth
- Rubber band
- Olive oil
- Dandelion flowers to fill your container of choice.