Sometimes it is beneficial to make a strong herbal infusion, instead of a capsule or herbal pill. Here is a simple way to prepare an herbal infusion at home. Herbal infusions are a wonderful way to enjoy early spring herb
s as well.
Time Required: 10 minutes to prepare, plus steeping time
- Place herbs in a glass container.
- Pour boiled water over the herbs to cover.
- Cover glass container with a tight fitting lid or a saucer to keep steam and volatile oils from escaping.
- When the water has cooled to room temperature or steeped the recommended period of time, strain the spent herb.
- The resulting liquid is called an infusion.
- Keep glass covered at all times to contain the steam.
- An infusion can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours.
- If a stronger beverage is desired, that is called a decoction.
What You Need
- 1 T Dried herb of your choice
- 1 Cup boiling hot water
- Glass jar with tight lid or saucer to cover