tincture has many uses. It is used internally to help the body fight off infection, and externally as a skin wash. Here is how to make your own echinacea tincture.
Time Required: 20 minutes to assemble, at least 2 weeks to steep
- Fill a quart jar 2/3 full of echinacea flowers.
- Pour 80 proof alcohol over flowers, filling jar.
- Cover jar tightly and label.
- Steep herb for at least 2 weeks, shaking jar every day.
- After 2 weeks, tincture can be strained if desired. The finished tincture will keep indefinitely.
- Repeat process using Echinacea roots. Combine these two finished tinctures to create a more powerful synergistic blend.
- Store tincture in a darkened area.Store in colored glass if possible.
- Strain tincture through fine cheesecloth, if desired.
- Do not use anything but glass to make your tinctures.
What You Need
- Echinacea flowers, fresh or dried
- 80 proof alcohol
- Quart sized glass jar, with tight lid
- Wooden utensil to remove air bubbles with