The Bottom Line
- Wide variety of herbs to choose from.
- Large assortment of garden themes.
- Easy to understand gardening tips.
- Elaborate layouts can make beginning gardeners feel overwhelmed.
- Herbal reference charts are extensive.
- Herbal garden designs are well thought out and the photos are clearly drawn.
- Specialty gardens are listed for many locations and landscaping issues.
Guide Review - Herbal Tea Gardens: 22 Plans For Your Enjoyment & Well - Being
Herbal Tea Gardens is a multi purpose book that is useful and creative. The author has divided the book into intuitive sections that make it a first choice to read about herbs for teas, how to grow them and how to prepare them correctly.
In the first section, there is an introduction to herbal teas. You will find out the proper way to brew in order to taste the best quality teas possible. The list of tea herbs and how to garden with them is extensive. Every page not only lists all you need to know but there is a recipe sidebar for every herb listed. Very handy!
Just as important as choosing your herbs, is gathering, cleaning and storing them correctly. You will find plenty of sound advice. It is important to store your herbs to keep their best flavor and essence.The best ways to dry your herbs and how best to keep them is well documented. You have all of this information at your fingertips.
This truly is a book that covers more than just the basics. It is one you will turn to again and again as you begin to create your own herbal teas.