Making rosewater at home is easy and fun to do. Learn how to make your own homemade rosewater.
Time Required: 2 hours
- Fill large bowl with water and freeze.
- Place brick in center of large pan.
- Fill pan with water, until the top of the brick is level with water.
- Place small, dry bowl on brick.
- Place a thick layer on the water in water around the brick.
- Begin heating pan of water containing rose petals and brick.
- Place ice filled bowl on pan of water, just as it begins to steam.
- Check the level of the flower water in the small, inner bowl. Once it is filled, turn off heat.
- Leave lid on until cooled.
- Remove inner bowl of cooled flower water and place in refrigerator.
- Try any fragrant herb flower you like, such as lavender and mint.
- Allow hydrosol to cure overnight in refrigerator, before using. This helps develop the full scent.
What You Need
- Large metal or heat safe bowl, that fits tightly on your chosen pan.
- One brick
- Large soup pan, that fits tightly under the metal or heat safe bowl.
- Small, heat safe bowl that will sit securely on brick
- Large quantity of herbal flowers: roses, mint, sage, lavender