Have you ever wanted to try a new hair color, but worried about damage? This herbal hair color is not permanent, but will provide a change of color that fades gently.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Create an infusion that is extremely strong.
- Add enough clay to create a smooth paste.
- Apply to hair in small sections, starting at the scalp and working towards the ends.
- Cover your hair with plastic to retain heat.
- Leave on hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water and let air dry.
- Repeat as needed.
- For red hair, use Alkanet root or Hibiscus
- For black hair, use Elderberry
- For grey hair, help cover yellow tones with Hollyhock. Use Sage to darken grey hair.
- To lighten hair, use Mullein flowers or Chamomile flowers
- To darken hair, try Sage, Rosemary, Red raspberry leaves.
What You Need
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 ounce of herb
- Kaolin clay
- Medical type gloves for applying paste
- Plastic bag or wrap for covering hair