An herb filled sleep pillow can help you sleep by offering a familiar and soothing
scent. They make wonderful gifts
and are easy to create.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Combine herbs. Set aside.
- Cut a 12 inch X 24 inch piece of muslin fabric.
- Fold in half with wrong sides together, and sew long sides closed, 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Turn right side out and sew remaining opening closed about 1/2 way. Leave a space to insert herb mixture.
- Insert a wide mouth funnel, such as a canning funnel, into remaining opening. Fill pillow with herbs.
- Carefully folding in remaining raw edges, hand sew the last bit of opening closed.
- Flatten pillow as much as possible. Place next to sleeping pillow, to enjoy the beautiful scent all night long.
- Use pre-made wine bags as ready made pillows. Simply fill and sew last end closed.
- Use orrisroot or oakmoss as a scent fixative.
- Add essential oil to dried herb mixture, to prolong the scent.
- Make a second empty pouch as a pillowcase for your sleep pillow. That way, you can remove the cover if it becomes soiled and wash it.
What You Need
- Herbs such as Lavender, chamomile, hops, lemon verbena, rose petals
- Muslin or other woven fabric
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Funnel if desired
- Bowl to combine herbs into